Friday, August 13, 2010

Cosmetics!

Some cosmetics I've recently gotten my hands on. My Mom's friend sells Smashbox and I got a lot of free samples! I feel so lucky.


Smashbox Brow Tech, $24; Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Dusk; Smashbox lip gloss in Disguise; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, $36; Shiseido mascara base; MAC Glaze lipstick in Hue, $15; Smashbox lip gloss in Exposed; Smashbox O-Gloss; Smashbox Eye-Beam Double Ended Brightener

I can't believe I've never used primer before. Let me tell you, it's absolutely necessary. If you notice your face has streak lines after applying foundation, your foundation comes off throughout the day, your eye make up is melting and falling into the creases of your eyelids, etc., etc., it means you need primer! I was afraid the Smashbox primer would make me break out, but if anything I've had fewer blemishes than before I used it. We'll see though (I'm EXTREMELY acne prone).

I'm in LOVE with the brow tech, my eyebrows look amazing because of it. I never knew how to fill in my eyebrows, I always thought I'd have to match my eyebrow hair color to whatever I was using to fill them in. I was so wrong. I've used the taupe-ish color to fill in most of my brows, especially the inner parts, then I defined the ends with the darker brown. The wax holds my brows together very well. In the end, I get some Kim Kardashian looking brows :)

The Eye-Beam I got for free, but I definitely would not say it is a necessary buy. I'll use it to highlight under my eyebrows and occasionally to highlight the inner rims of my eyes, but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference.

I'm just learning how to use highlighter (the Fusion Soft Lights), but I've been using it on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose and I'm satisfied with it. It's so soft and glides on so easily. It's hard to overdo it, which is a problem I always have with bronzers.

I've never bought MAC make up before. I was really surprised to find that the lipstick was only $15. I used to use Chanel's Rouge Allure, which costs about $30, and not to mention there were limited colors especially in the neutrals. The Glaze lipstick lasts ALL day. Let's just say I got my hair done and it took about 4-5 hours, and the lipstick was STILL perfect after all that hair in my face. The color is also beautiful.

I used the mascara base this morning, and I noticed a HUGE difference. My eyelashes were more feathered out and A LOT thicker. I can say this as a fact because on my other eye I didn't use it and my eyelashes were much thinner. Definitely recommend.

I love the pink Exposed lipgloss, it has a very pretty color and it's not very lip-glossy (I hate lipgloss for its shiny-ness sometimes). The Disguise lipgloss seemed to not deliver on color, it was very sheer. Both were very moisturizing.

The Smashbox O-Gloss is a whole other story. I got it as a free sample, and I put it thinking it was just a sheer lip gloss, and ended up with crazy bright red/pink lips. Then I tried to wipe it off, and found I still had the pink/red lips. It definitely works as a lipstain/lipgloss combination. So I looked it up and found that it had goji berry-c in it. I'm guessing this has something to do with how it changes from sheer to colored. So I tried it again, only putting a little on, and the results were much better. However, I'm not a red/pink lip color person at all, so I gave it to my Mom, and it looked alot better on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment